Friday 4 March 2011

More cookery!

I have never been a very good cake maker, so this year I promised myself that I would hone this particular skill, and perfect it the best I could. Of course, in so doing it opens up a whole lot of opportunities for the kids to get involved.


I personally love to see kids in the kitchen cooking everything from full out dinners for the family, to a plate of fairy cakes for them to munch on whilst they read later in the evening.


Daniel especially has a great ambition to cook for a living. His knowledge about ingredients and flavours is improving all the time, and his enthusiasm is boundless. He has started watching Junior Masterchef, and I know he would love to have a go. Who knows...might be something for next year ?







The end result of both my own baking and the boys' is pleasing to both the eye, and to the tatebuds. Now all I have to do is get the hang of icing, and decorating, and my mums 60th should be a breeze :p




Loz



4 comments:

  1. my goodness those cakes look nice!when can we pop round to eat them!(only joking) and what a good idea for your boys to be helping you be amazed still to know that many boys never get the chance to bake thinking it only for girls! yes go for junior master chief you got to have dreams something to work towards.

    maybe you should bake a cake for that mike chap! i bet he let you back on the list then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind compliments.
    And yes, it is a shame that there is still the old stereotype of 'girls in the kitchen' presiding over what boys can achieve if given the chance.
    You only need to turn on the TV, or pick up a cookbook, to see that in fact it is pretty much men who rule the world of restaurant cookery. :)

    (mums are still best when it comes to home cooking though) =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. (mums are still best when it comes to home cooking though) =P

    I agree with that my mum does a great roast dinner!

    your welcome to the compliments about your cake baking! we not all bad like old Webb trys to make out! if we see you doing something good we say so! we do enjoy these chats with you hope you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW those cakes look fab! The rise on that sponge cake! I am sure you have seen from our photos, ours never rise like that. Well done, and Happy Birthday Ethan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !!! xx