Thursday 2 December 2010

Well earned rant...

I'm going to sound like I'm complaining as you read through this, and if I'm going to be honest, to an extent...I am!
I am at present having my kitchen replaced, and it's only taken them 6 months to finally get going with it. (sarcasm)
So, Tuesday afternoon at 1pm, we had a nice carpenter chappy turn up on the doorstep, saying he needed to take some measurements. Which in itself is fine. However, we were then told that the kitchen would need to be ready for dismantling at 8.30 am the next morning! which in theory is fine too...except we are a family of 6, with the kitchen being the hub of the house!
We are now eating out of boxes piled up on the dining table. And can we find anything? No. 
I'm pleased to be getting the new kitchen as it was certainly long overdue, and there is only so much patience you can have with an outdated 70's kitchen staring at you every day.  But why is he taking sooooo long?
Yesterday, it took him all day to remove 7 units and about 90 tiles. he is supposed to be finished completely on Friday. Lets wait and see shall we.

1 comment:

  1. oh dear, I think we have ripped whole kitchens out in about 2 hours!! Just keep thinking about how amazing it will be when its all finished and laughing to yourself when he leaves each day as he doesn't know you are posting photographic evidence of his daily progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !!! xx